Strong Help After A Motorcycle Crash
Motorcycle accidents cause more serious injury and deaths than any other form of motor vehicle accident. In the majority of cases it’s usually the other vehicle, not the cyclist that causes the accident. You need an attorney with experience in handling complicated motorcycle accident litigation. Let Edwin M. Shorty Jr. & Associates in New Orleans help you.
Motorcycle Accident Facts and Figures
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to experience a deadly accident than automobile passengers
- 11 % of all traffic accidents in the U.S. involve motorcycles
- 42% of all motorcycle accidents involve a vehicle turn left into a cyclist going straight or passing the vehicle
- 50% of all motorcycle accidents with another vehicle occur at intersections
- Head injuries are the leading cause of death in motorcycle accidents
- Cyclists not wearing helmets are 40% more likely to die of a head injury than those who wear helmets
- Of the states that have repealed the “universal helmet law” Louisiana was number one with an increase in fatalities of 108%
Pursuing Maximum Compensation
At Edwin M. Shorty Jr. & Associates we encourage motorcycle safety, including the use of helmets, motorcycle safety courses, and avoiding alcohol, speed and reckless driving, the primary causes of single motorcycle accidents. However, In two-vehicle accidents involving motorcycles, it is often the other vehicle that is at fault, and you have the right to compensation to help with…
- Medical Bills – In cases involving serious injury (brain and spinal chord), medical insurance is often not enough. An experienced attorney in motorcycle litigation can get you the maximum compensation to help pay medical bills.
- Loss of Wages – Since most motorcycle accidents involve injury, the cyclist is often out of work for a time. Serious injury can even leave a person disabled and unable to work.
- Property Damage – You are entitled to compensation for repairs or replacement of your motorcycle and for the cost of renting a vehicle while yours is being repaired.
- Pain and Suffering – You can put a price on medical expenses and repairs to your motorcycle; but how do you put a price on the pain and suffering you and your family experience because of someone else’s negligence. Let us help get you the compensation you deserve.
- Punitive Damages – When someone has been grossly negligent, you can be awarded punitive damages. Punitive damages are meant to punish the violator and prevent their involvement in further incidents.
Call Edwin M. Shorty Jr. & Associates, in New Orleans, Louisiana, for a free consultation: 504-207-1370. You can also reach us online.