Were You Injured In An 18-Wheeler Accident?
Accidents with an 18-wheeler are always a big deal. You’ve been in a car driving next to an 18-wheeler. Their size demands your attention and respect for their space; but, they have to respect your space too and there’s no room for error.
In the hands of a careless, inexperienced or fatigued operator, an 18-wheeler can become a major accident waiting to happen. If you’re involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler, you need firm, aggressive legal representation to fight for every dollar you deserve. It starts with a phone call and a free consultation. Reach out to Edwin M. Shorty Jr. & Associates in New Orleans, Louisiana: 504-207-1370.
Common causes of 18-wheeler accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Tire failure or separation
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Brake failure
- Reckless driving
- Failure to accommodate blind-spots
- Unsecured cargo or freight
What To Do After A Collision With A Truck
- Do not leave the scene of the accident
- Check for injuries (Call ambulance immediately if needed)
- Call the police
- Get as much information as possible:
- Other driver’s contact and insurance information (If not owner, get owners information)
- Contact information on all passengers
- Contact information on all witnesses
- Take pictures (Use cell phone)
- Do not admit fault or responsibility (Even if you think you are at fault)
- Seek medical attention (Even if you think you are not injured. Let a professional decide.)
- Contact the law office of Edwin Shorty and Associates for a free consultation
“An accident with an 18-wheeler can wreck your life. You need aggressive and experienced legal help to fight for your rights and get the money you deserve to get your life back on track.”
Call Edwin M. Shorty Jr. & Associates, in New Orleans, Louisiana, for a free consultation: 504-207-1370. You can also reach us online.